Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hallelujah!

We found an apartment over the weekend. Wrote a check for a deposit and now need only to have the references checked and sign the paperwork. It's got 3 bedrooms, is in the neighborhood we wanted, off-street covered parking, a large deck, and a fantabulous, fantastic view.


So yesterday I finally had a day free of visits to strange houses and apartment complexes. My first free day! I spent it running errands. I managed to sneak in a visit to one of Seattle's foremost tourist attractions, Pike's Place Market. It's an open-air (but covered) market with dozens of vendors selling flowers, candy, jam, organic produce, baked goods, etc., etc., etc. The big attraction, though, is the fish. Apparently they throw it. There are famous fish-throwers here. No kidding. I walked by several fish stalls, but nobody bought a fish while I was watching.

Here's picture: note flying fish at right (Thanks, Wikipedia):


There was some yelling going on when I was watching, but no flying fish.

It did rain yesterday, which is good. I was beginning to get freaked out by all the sunny days.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?